I like long hikes, big data, and cold craft beer. I currently live in Connecticut with my partner and our Scottish Terrier mix dog, Fiona.
Currently working as a Data Scientist (Simple). Previously worked as a Associate Data Scientist (The Hartford), also in R&D Engineering roles (Medtronic, QDx/Abbott) and as an Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer (AdChem).
Recently finished a Graduate Certificate program in Analytics at DePaul University were I was focused on Data Mining & Computational Methods. Previously took Computer Science courses at Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals school. Previously earned a Professional Certificate in Medical Product Development at University of California, Irvine Extension. Previously earned a BSE in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Hartford. My senior research project was to develop a prototype walk-assist device for a T4 Paraplegic client; project nicknamed “Iron man”. I also enjoy studying topics in machine learning, data science and statistics independently through MOOCs and contributing to open source projects.
I like developing open source software tools to help assist others complete their data analysis work! I like programming in R & Python and I’m interested in learning about Cryptocurrency!
I grew up in the Lower Hudson Valley, NY and stayed around Connecticut after undergrad. I’m sometimes available for remote consulting opportunities working with diverse teams to solve interesting challenges with data. Feel free to get in touch with me!
Here are links to my other pages on the interwebs: keybase.io/jasdumas, medium, soundcloud, about.me, old blog on wordpress, Arduino project videos on vine, Google Scholar, codecademy, Kaggle, Quora, GrabCAD, angel.co. Any other sites, probably aren’t related to me
Features & mentions
- Startup Institute Announces Partnership with Western New England University and TCB Analytics to Deliver Data Science Bootcamp
- Open Data Science Conference 2017 - East, Abstract
- Adventures in Crafting a Data Science Career Poster
- Open NASA Blog: Welcome Datanauts 2017 Spring Class!
- Becoming a Data Scientist Podcast, Season 2, Episode 1 Interview
- Revolution Analytics Blog: “New ‘R Talk’ podcast with news from R Consortium”
- Data Elixr: ttbbeer highlight on Facebook and Newsletter issue 91
I can be best reach on Twitter @jasdumas